Lile’s Green Moving Commitment
Lile is doing its part to protect the environment
We understand the impact we can have on the environment and the need to protect it through sustainable practices. Lile is committed to developing and implementing sustainable procedures and operational practices within our organization. We make every effort to promote sustainability within our offices. As well as encouraging our Green Moving Commitment within our local communities. We have researched the cost-saving benefits of “Green” procedures on both a short-term and long-term basis. Lile has found that our efforts in purchasing recycled materials, waste prevention, and energy reduction save money for both the customer and our company.
Our Green Moving Commitment Actions:
- Corrugated containers – 8%-55% recycled fibers
- 20% recycled-content business envelopes
- 10% recycled-content paper
- 10% recycled-content file folders
- 100% recycled toilet tissue
- Reusing cardboard boxes and packaging materials
- Reusing office supplies such as envelopes, file folders, and hanging folders
- Eliminating disposable cups in favor of mugs and reusable cups
- Using recycled paper, folders, and office supplies whenever possible
- Recycling paper and plastic in each of our 8 locations
- Drivers and staff utilize electronic toll passes
- Water dispensers vs. bottled water in our offices
- Print documents double-sided
- Donate unwanted items to non-profits and homeless shelters
- Monitor air, heating, and lighting
- Electronic dispatch to save materials
Green Moving Solutions and Equipment Recycling:
For Household Moves:
To reduce the carbon footprint created by cardboard moving supplies on our household moves. Lile uses moving supplies and boxes that are made of recycled material. We are committed to promoting environmentally friendly practices when moving families into their new homes.
For a complete guide on making your move more eco-friendly, check out this article, “Greening Your Move and Your New Home Like a Pro – Experts’ Advice” by Cassandra Rosas at porch.com.
For Office & Business Moves:
We offer E-Crates (Environment Crates), an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional boxes. E-Crates are durable plastic containers that are stackable and feature an integrated dolly system. Using E-crates* provides 27%-40% labor savings due to time efficiencies. E-crates are up to 33% larger than most corrugated boxes. We are reducing the number of boxes required and decreasing environmental waste. Lile also has partnered with American Electronics Recycling to provide customers with options for recycling unused equipment. Lile International offers free used boxes to our interstate move customers. All moves are eligible to participate in our Electronics Recycling Program. We donate unwanted household goods through our partnership with Donor’s Resource. This local, woman-owned non-profit organization connects people with unwanted items with non-profit organizations that need them.
Request a Quote