Have the Right Moving Supplies
Before you start packing, you should determine what moving supplies you will need to pack all of your belongings. Here is a list of items we recommend if you are packing your moving boxes yourself. However, if you need help, the professional movers at Lile are trained to provide full or partial packing services for you. We can pack your belongings safely and securely so you can worry about other tasks during the moving process.
List of Moving Supplies you will need to start packing
Moving BoxesThere are many different sizes of moving boxes that you can choose from. Depending on what size and type of items you are packing, the moving box you choose can make a difference in how you pack.
Dish Pack BoxesDish pack boxes are designed for plates, saucers, and bowls. These boxes are compartmentalized, and make sure to look for kits that include foam padding to protect each piece of dinnerware.
Glass Pack BoxesGlass packs are used for glassware, crystal, and stemware. These boxes are compartmentalized, and make sure to look for kits that include foam padding to protect each piece.
Bubble WrapGet a large roll of bubble wrap or more, depending on how much you think you will need. Use bubble wrap to protect fragile items.
Furniture PadsThese are used on large appliances and household furniture. If you are trying to save money, you can use large old blankets in place of buying furniture pads.
Permanent Markers and Box LabelsUse these packing supplies to identify what is packed in that box or crate. It’s also a great communication tool if you are using professional movers.
Box CutterA box cutter is a handy tool when it’s time to unload and start unpacking. It can save your fingers from tearing the tape off boxes.
Tape DispenserAlways have a few on hand during the packing process. Also, don’t forget to have plenty of tape refills. Running out of tape is something you want to avoid when packing.
Stretch WrapUse industrial-strength stretch wrap-around furniture over top of a furniture pad. Using stretch wrap will prevent the pads from shifting in the moving truck during transportation. It can also provide a barrier to furniture from scratches, dust, and other types of damage during transport.
Unprinted NewspaperIt can be used to wrap fragile items like glassware. It can also fill voids in moving boxes to keep things from shifting during transit.
Request a Quote
Types of Moving Boxes
- Dish pack – Heavy-duty cartons for dishes and other fragile items.
- Mirror Carton – Mirrors, pictures, or glass tabletops will need special protection, and these cartons provide it.
- Book Carton – This is for heavy items such as books, magazines, and photo albums.
- Medium 3.0 / Large 4.5 Cubic Foot Cartons use for pots and pans, toys, or smaller kitchen appliances.
- Extra Large 6.0 Cubic Foot Carton – Excellent for any large, bulky items that are not heavy, like linens, comforters, etc.
- Mattress Carton – Available in single, double, queen, king, or crib.
- Wardrobe Carton (available upon request) – Basically, a portable closet for all your clothes.
- TV Box – Use this box for your flat-screen televisions. If you no longer have the original box, use this box for all your televisions.
A smooth packing and moving experience requires having all the necessary supplies on hand before you start packing. Get your moving supplies before you begin packing to stay organized during the packing process. We have several moving checklists to help you plan your upcoming move.
If you need help with the packing process, Lile offers full and partial packing services to fit your moving needs. Contact us at 888-507-6304 or fill out our online quote form. Our professional movers would be happy to assist you.