Commercial Moving Success Stories
Valley Medical Center - Renton, WA
Success Stories: Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Relocation services provided to Providence Valley Medical Center (VMC), Washington State’s largest non-profit healthcare provider for SEATAC, was founded in 1945.
- VMC serves over 400,000 residents as a regional center operating 12 community clinics in King County anchored by the main Renton Campus consisting of 300,000 square feet.
- VMC offers 24x7x365 medical, surgical, emergency care, and is a Level III Trauma Center.
Lile has been involved with the Valley Medical Center since 2004 and has evolved into its leading logistics services provider. The VMC facility is approximately 300,000 square feet, including a Level III Trauma Center, Hospital, 12 regional clinics, and medical offices. Daily, Lile’s Project Leader worked on-site with VMC teams to consult on all phases of the relocation project. Lile’s Project Lead was the primary “go-to person” with all departments to ensure planning and relocation operations were stress-free for patients, primary caregivers, and physicians with VMC’s mission in mind.
Project Management has included relocations for a variety of internal departments, such as:
- Complete relocation of the hospital pharmacy. Participation included process planning and strategy meetings with facilities management, construction contractors, and department leaders to ensure VMC’s day-to-day relocation activities would not affect patient care during the construction process.
- Roll out a new 50,000 square feet Surgery Center. Activities included fulfillment and delivery of medical equipment, transport, and assembly of various pieces of surgical equipment. Lile coordinated the transition to allow the hospital to remain operational during the transition.
- Pre-planned space reconfiguration with departments to allow VMC to baseline to design and construction process. Project responsibilities also included complete coordination of patient wings with Facilities, Gift Shops, Admissions redesign, Finance, Eye Clinic, and VMC Logistics.
- Lile also supported the disposition of surplus equipment and furniture.
Lile was actively involved in strategy meetings with transition teams, staff, and department heads. Through our Project Management services, we coordinated all activities within the VMC mission and fiscal guidelines to ensure a seamless transition for patients, their families, and caregivers during every project. We are excited to have the Providence Newberg Medical Center as one of our commercial moving success stories.